Definitions and Examples of expand, stretch
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To become larger in size, volume, quantity, or scope.
The company decided to expand its business by opening new branches in different cities.
To make something longer or wider by pulling it.
She had to stretch the elastic band to fit it around her wrist.
Key Differences: expand vs stretch
- 1Expand refers to making something larger in size, volume, or scope.
- 2Stretch refers to making something longer or wider by pulling it.
Effective Usage of expand, stretch
- 1Business: Use expand to describe business growth, such as expanding a company's operations or product line.
- 2Fitness: Use stretch to describe physical movements that involve lengthening muscles, such as stretching before exercise.
- 3Crafts: Use crimp to describe the process of folding or compressing material, such as crimping the edges of a pie crust.
The antonyms of crimp are expand and stretch. Expand means to make something larger in size, volume, or scope, while stretch means to make something longer or wider by pulling it. These words can be used in various contexts, such as business, fitness, and crafts.