What is the antonym of “crimson”?
The antonyms of crimson are blue, green, and purple. These antonyms represent colors that are opposite to crimson on the color wheel.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a color resembling that of the clear sky or the deep sea.
The ocean looked blue under the bright sun.
Of the color between blue and yellow; resembling the hue of growing grass.
The leaves of the trees turned green in the spring.
Of a color intermediate between red and blue.
She wore a beautiful purple dress to the party.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Blue is a cool color that represents calmness and serenity.
- 2Green is a refreshing color that symbolizes growth and nature.
- 3Purple is a royal color that signifies luxury and sophistication.
Good things to know
- 1Artistic Expression: Use these antonyms to create contrast and visual interest in art and design.
- 2Descriptive Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to paint vivid pictures and evoke emotions.
- 3Color Identification: Learn and practice identifying colors by using these antonyms.
The antonyms of crimson are blue, green, and purple. These antonyms represent colors that are opposite to crimson on the color wheel. Use these words to create contrast and visual interest in art and design, paint vivid pictures and evoke emotions in writing, and learn and practice identifying colors.