What is the antonym of “curate”?
The antonyms of curate are disorganize and neglect. The antonym disorganize means to make something messy or chaotic, while neglect means to fail to take care of something properly.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make something messy or chaotic by disrupting its order or arrangement.
The kids disorganized the classroom by throwing papers and books everywhere.
To fail to take care of something properly, resulting in its deterioration or harm.
If you neglect your car's maintenance, it will eventually break down.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disorganize implies a lack of order or structure, while curate implies a careful selection and arrangement of items.
- 2Neglect implies a failure to take care of something, while curate implies a deliberate effort to maintain and preserve something.
Good things to know
- 1Organizing: Use disorganize to describe situations where things are not arranged properly.
- 2Responsibility: Use neglect to describe situations where someone fails to take care of something properly.
- 3Art and Culture: Use curate to describe the process of selecting and arranging art pieces or exhibits.