The Opposite(Antonym) of “cursiveness”
The antonyms of cursiveness are thoroughness, deliberation, and carefulness. These antonyms convey a sense of attention to detail, carefulness, and thoughtfulness in contrast to the hasty or impulsive nature of cursiveness.
Definitions and Examples of thoroughness, deliberation, carefulness
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being complete, detailed, and careful.
The success of the project was due to the thoroughness of the team's research and planning.
The act of carefully considering or discussing something before making a decision.
After much deliberation, they decided to postpone the wedding until next year.
The quality or state of being cautious, attentive, and meticulous.
The surgeon's carefulness during the operation ensured that the patient had a successful recovery.
Key Differences: thoroughness vs deliberation vs carefulness
- 1Thoroughness emphasizes completeness and attention to detail.
- 2Deliberation emphasizes careful consideration and discussion before making a decision.
- 3Carefulness emphasizes caution and meticulousness in one's actions.
Effective Usage of thoroughness, deliberation, carefulness
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe different approaches to research and analysis.
- 2Professional Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in business emails and reports to convey attention to detail and thoughtfulness.
- 3Daily Life: Use these antonyms to describe different ways of approaching tasks and decision-making.
The antonyms of cursiveness convey a sense of attention to detail, carefulness, and thoughtfulness. Use thoroughness to emphasize completeness and attention to detail, deliberation to emphasize careful consideration and discussion, and carefulness to emphasize caution and meticulousness. These antonyms can be used in academic writing, professional communication, and daily life to describe different approaches to tasks and decision-making.