Definitions and Examples of politeness, courtesy, amiability
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Behavior that is respectful and considerate of others' feelings and needs.
He showed great politeness by holding the door open for the elderly lady.
A polite and respectful behavior towards others.
She thanked him for his courtesy in helping her with her bags.
A friendly and pleasant disposition towards others.
Her amiability made her popular among her colleagues.
Key Differences: politeness vs courtesy vs amiability
- 1Politeness emphasizes respect and consideration for others' feelings and needs.
- 2Courtesy emphasizes politeness and respectfulness in one's behavior towards others.
- 3Amiability emphasizes friendliness and pleasantness in one's disposition towards others.
Effective Usage of politeness, courtesy, amiability
- 1Social Interactions: Use these antonyms to convey a friendly and courteous demeanor in social interactions.
- 2Professional Settings: Use these antonyms to demonstrate professionalism and respectfulness in the workplace.
- 3Customer Service: Use these antonyms to provide excellent customer service by showing respect and consideration towards customers.
The antonyms of curtness are politeness, courtesy, and amiability. These antonyms describe a friendly, courteous, and polite demeanor that is the opposite of being abrupt or rude. Use these words to convey a friendly and courteous demeanor in social interactions, demonstrate professionalism and respectfulness in the workplace, and provide excellent customer service.