What is the antonym of “dallying”?
The antonyms of dallying are hurrying, rushing, and speeding up. These words convey the opposite meaning of dallying, which means to waste time or move slowly.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Moving or acting quickly in order to do something.
We need to hurry if we want to catch the train.
Moving with great speed or urgency.
She was rushing to finish her work before the deadline.
Increasing the rate or pace of something.
We need to speed up the production process to meet the demand.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Hurrying implies moving quickly to complete a task or reach a destination.
- 2Rushing suggests a sense of urgency or haste in completing a task.
- 3Speeding up refers to increasing the pace or rate of something.
Good things to know
- 1In Daily Life: Use these antonyms to describe how you or others move or act in different situations.
- 2In Business: Incorporate these antonyms in presentations or meetings to discuss the importance of time management.
- 3In Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension and suspense.
The antonyms of dallying are hurrying, rushing, and speeding up. These words convey a sense of urgency, speed, and efficiency. Use them to describe movement or action, discuss time management, and create tension in writing.