What is the antonym of “dandiacal”?
The antonyms of dandiacal are slovenly and unkempt. The antonyms slovenly and unkempt convey a lack of neatness, tidiness, or attention to appearance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Messy, untidy, or careless in appearance or habits.
He always looked slovenly with his wrinkled clothes and uncombed hair.
Not combed, brushed, or styled; messy or disheveled in appearance.
Her hair was unkempt and tangled, as if she had just woken up.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Slovenly implies a lack of care or attention to appearance or habits, while dandiacal implies excessive attention to fashion and style.
- 2Unkempt specifically refers to messy or disheveled hair, while dandiacal refers to an overall fashionable appearance.
Good things to know
- 1Fashion and Appearance: Use these antonyms to describe different levels of attention to fashion and appearance.
- 2Describing People: Incorporate these antonyms to create vivid descriptions of characters in stories or conversations.
- 3Vocabulary Building: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your English skills.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Slovenly implies a lack of care, while unkempt specifically refers to messy hair. Use these words to describe different levels of attention to fashion and appearance, create vivid descriptions of characters, and improve your vocabulary.