What is the antonym of “decerning”?
The antonyms of discerning are undiscriminating and indiscriminate. The antonyms undiscriminating and indiscriminate convey a lack of ability or willingness to distinguish between different things or make careful judgments.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking the ability or willingness to distinguish between different things; not discerning.
He has an undiscriminating palate and will eat anything that is put in front of him.
Not based on careful selection or judgment; haphazard; random.
The police used indiscriminate force against the protesters, injuring many innocent bystanders.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Undiscriminating implies a lack of ability or willingness to distinguish between different things.
- 2Indiscriminate implies a lack of care or judgment in making selections.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create more nuanced and accurate descriptions.
- 3Develop Critical Thinking: Use these antonyms to develop your ability to make careful judgments and distinguish between different things.