The Opposite(Antonym) of “decomposed”
The antonyms of decomposed are assemble, combine, and construct. The antonyms assemble, combine, and construct convey the opposite meaning of breaking down or separating into smaller parts. It implies putting together or building something.
Definitions and Examples of assemble, combine, construct
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To gather or collect things together in one place.
We need to assemble all the ingredients before we start cooking.
To join or merge two or more things together to form a single entity.
She decided to combine her love for art and music by creating a unique performance.
To build or create something, usually using materials or parts.
The workers are going to construct a new building on this site.
Key Differences: assemble vs combine vs construct
- 1Assemble refers to gathering or collecting things together in one place.
- 2Combine means joining or merging two or more things together to form a single entity.
- 3Construct is used when building or creating something, usually using materials or parts.
Effective Usage of assemble, combine, construct
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and clarity.
- 3Enrich Learning: Utilize these antonyms to help you remember new words and concepts.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Assemble refers to gathering things together, combine means joining things together, and construct is used when building or creating something. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your learning experience.