What is the antonym of “deducted”?
The antonym of deducted is added and included. The antonyms added and included convey the opposite meaning of deducted, which means to subtract or take away something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To put something together with another thing or group of things.
She added some sugar to her coffee to make it sweeter.
To contain or have as a part of something.
The package included a free gift for the customer.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Added means to put something together with another thing, while deducted means to subtract or take away something.
- 2Included means to contain or have as a part of something, while deducted means to remove or take away something.
Good things to know
- 1Mathematics: Use deducted when solving math problems that involve subtraction.
- 2Finance: Use deducted when calculating taxes or expenses.
- 3Writing: Use added and included to add details to a story or essay.