What is the antonym of “defeminized”?
The antonyms of defeminized are feminize and effeminate. The antonyms feminize and effeminate convey a feminine or womanly quality. It implies a lack of masculinity or male traits.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make something or someone more feminine in appearance, behavior, or character.
The fashion industry often tries to feminize men's clothing by adding frills and lace.
Having qualities or characteristics traditionally associated with women, such as delicacy, sensitivity, or weakness.
He was mocked for his effeminate mannerisms and interests, which were considered unmanly by his peers.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Feminize is a verb that describes the act of making something or someone more feminine in appearance, behavior, or character.
- 2Effeminate is an adjective that describes a person or thing having qualities or characteristics traditionally associated with women.
Good things to know
- 1Gender Studies: Use these antonyms to discuss gender roles and stereotypes.
- 2Fashion Industry: Incorporate these words to describe clothing styles and trends.
- 3Social Commentary: Utilize these antonyms to comment on societal expectations and norms regarding gender expression.