What is the antonym of “deferrable”?
The antonym of deferrable are urgent, immediate, and pressing. These antonyms describe something that cannot be postponed or delayed, and requires immediate attention or action.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Requiring immediate action or attention.
The patient's condition was urgent and required immediate medical attention.
Occurring or done without delay; instant.
The company needed an immediate response to their proposal.
Requiring quick or immediate action or attention.
The deadline for the project was pressing and required everyone to work overtime.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Urgent implies a situation that requires immediate action or attention.
- 2Immediate refers to something that happens instantly or without delay.
- 3Pressing describes something that requires quick or immediate action or attention, but may not necessarily be as urgent as urgent.
Good things to know
- 1Workplace: Use these antonyms to prioritize tasks and deadlines.
- 2Emergency Situations: Use urgent to describe situations that require immediate attention.
- 3Communication: Use these antonyms to convey the level of importance or urgency in a message.