What is the antonym of “degenerative”?
The antonym of degenerative is progressive, improving, and rehabilitative. The antonyms progressive, improving, and rehabilitative convey a positive or improving state. It implies a growth, development, or improvement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Developing or moving forward; advancing in stages.
The company has a progressive approach to employee benefits, offering flexible work hours and generous vacation time.
Becoming better or more satisfactory; showing progress or advancement.
Her health is improving after undergoing physical therapy for several weeks.
Aimed at restoring or improving physical or mental function after an injury or illness.
He underwent rehabilitative treatment after a car accident left him with a broken leg.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Progressive describes something that is developing or moving forward, often in stages.
- 2Improving describes something that is becoming better or more satisfactory, showing progress or advancement.
- 3Rehabilitative describes something that aims to restore or improve physical or mental function after an injury or illness.
Good things to know
- 1Medical Context: Use rehabilitative to describe treatments or therapies aimed at restoring function after an injury or illness.
- 2Business Context: Use progressive to describe companies or organizations that are innovative and forward-thinking.
- 3Personal Context: Use improving to describe personal growth or progress in areas such as health, fitness, or education.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Progressive conveys development, improving denotes growth, and rehabilitative refers to restoration. Use these words in medical contexts to describe treatments or therapies, in business contexts to describe innovative companies, and in personal contexts to describe personal growth or progress.