What is the antonym of “delitescent”?
The antonyms of delitescent are visible, apparent, and active. These words describe things that are not hidden or concealed, but rather easily seen or noticeable.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to be seen; perceptible to the eye.
The stars were visible in the clear night sky.
Easily seen or understood; obvious.
It was apparent that she was nervous from the way she kept fidgeting.
Engaged in action; moving or functioning.
The volcano was active and spewing lava into the air.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Visible refers to something that can be seen with the naked eye.
- 2Apparent describes something that is easily seen or understood.
- 3Active describes something that is in motion or functioning.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Objects: Use visible to describe objects that can be seen, apparent to describe things that are obvious, and active to describe things that are in motion.
- 2Talking about People: Use visible and apparent to describe people's physical appearance or behavior, and active to describe someone who is engaged in action.
- 3Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to create vivid descriptions and convey meaning effectively.