What is the antonym of “delustered”?
The antonyms of delustered are lustrous, shiny, and glossy. These antonyms describe something that has a shiny or glossy appearance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a shiny or glossy surface; reflecting light brightly.
Her hair was so healthy and well-maintained that it looked lustrous in the sunlight.
Reflecting light well; having a bright or glossy surface.
The new car had a shiny exterior that sparkled in the sun.
Having a smooth, shiny, and reflective surface.
The magazine cover had a glossy finish that made the colors pop.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Lustrous is often used to describe something that has a natural shine, like hair or pearls.
- 2Shiny is a more general term that can describe anything that reflects light well.
- 3Glossy is often used to describe surfaces that have been treated with a special coating to make them shiny and reflective.
Good things to know
- 1Fashion: Use these antonyms to describe clothing or accessories that have a shiny or glossy appearance.
- 2Beauty: Use lustrous to describe healthy hair or glossy to describe shiny lips or nails.
- 3Product Descriptions: Incorporate these antonyms in product descriptions to highlight their shiny or glossy features.
The antonyms lustrous, shiny, and glossy describe something that has a shiny or glossy appearance. Lustrous is often used to describe natural shine, shiny is a general term, and glossy is often used to describe surfaces that have been treated with a special coating. Use these antonyms in fashion, beauty, and product descriptions to highlight shiny or glossy features.