Definitions and Examples of admit, accept, acknowledge
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To confess or acknowledge something to be true.
After being caught, he had no choice but to admit that he had stolen the money.
To receive or take something willingly; to agree to something.
She was happy to accept the job offer and start working at the new company.
To recognize or admit the existence, truth, or importance of something.
It's important to acknowledge your mistakes and learn from them.
Key Differences: admit vs accept vs acknowledge
- 1Admit implies confessing to something that was previously hidden or denied.
- 2Accept implies receiving or agreeing to something willingly.
- 3Acknowledge implies recognizing the existence or importance of something.
Effective Usage of admit, accept, acknowledge
- 1Enhance Communication: Use admit, accept, and acknowledge to express agreement or recognition.
- 2Resolve Conflicts: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to find common ground and resolve disagreements.
- 3Improve Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create a more nuanced and accurate portrayal of characters or situations.
The antonyms of deny are admit, accept, and acknowledge. These words have distinct meanings: Admit implies confessing, accept implies receiving or agreeing, and acknowledge implies recognizing. Use these words to enhance communication, resolve conflicts, and improve writing.