What is the antonym of “deselected”?
The antonyms of deselected are selected, chosen, and picked. These words convey the opposite meaning of deselected, which means to remove or cancel a previous selection.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Chosen from a larger group for a particular purpose or duty.
The best students were selected for the scholarship program.
Picked out or selected as being the best or most appropriate of two or more alternatives.
She was chosen as the team captain because of her leadership skills.
Selected carefully or with great care.
The chef picked the freshest ingredients for the dish.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Selected implies that someone or something has been chosen for a specific purpose or duty.
- 2Chosen suggests that someone or something has been picked out as the best or most appropriate among two or more alternatives.
- 3Picked conveys the idea of careful selection or choice.
Good things to know
- 1Job Applications: Use selected or chosen to describe your qualifications and achievements.
- 2Shopping: Use picked to describe items that you have carefully chosen or selected.
- 3Sports: Use selected or chosen to describe players who have been picked for a team or competition.
The antonyms of deselected are selected, chosen, and picked. These words have different nuances and can be used in various contexts such as job applications, shopping, and sports. Use these words to convey the opposite meaning of deselected and to describe careful selection or choice.