What is the antonym of “desiderate”?
The antonyms of desiderate are dislike and abhor. The antonyms dislike and abhor convey a negative feeling towards something or someone. It implies a lack of desire, fondness, or approval.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To feel distaste or aversion for; not to like.
I dislike the taste of mushrooms.
To regard with disgust and hatred.
I abhor violence and cruelty.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Dislike is a milder term that describes a feeling of not liking something.
- 2Abhor is a stronger term that describes a feeling of disgust and hatred towards something.
Good things to know
- 1Express Disapproval: Use dislike and abhor to express disapproval or dislike towards something or someone.
- 2Enhance Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing and speaking to enrich your vocabulary.
- 3Improve Comprehension: Learn the nuances of these antonyms to understand the subtle differences in meaning.
The antonyms of desiderate are dislike and abhor. Use dislike to describe a milder form of disapproval and abhor to express a stronger feeling of disgust and hatred. These antonyms can be used to express disapproval, enhance vocabulary, and improve comprehension.