What is the antonym of “dexter”?
The antonyms of dexter are sinister and left. The antonym sinister refers to something that is threatening, evil, or ominous. The antonym left refers to the opposite direction or side of something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Threatening, evil, or ominous in nature.
The old mansion had a sinister atmosphere that made everyone feel uneasy.
Located on or relating to the side of the human body that is opposite to the right-hand side.
He injured his left leg while playing soccer and had to use crutches for a few weeks.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sinister is an adjective that describes something that is threatening, evil, or ominous.
- 2Left is an adjective that describes the opposite direction or side of something.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add depth and nuance to your descriptions.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in books and articles to understand their meanings and usage in context.