What is the antonym of “dicey”?
The antonyms of dicey are safe, secure, and certain. The antonyms safe, secure, and certain convey a sense of safety, protection, and assurance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Free from danger or harm; protected from or not exposed to danger or risk.
The children were playing in the safe confines of the park.
Protected against unauthorized access or intrusion; free from danger or threat.
The bank has a secure vault that is impossible to break into.
Known for sure; established beyond doubt; free from ambiguity or uncertainty.
He was certain that he had locked the door before leaving the house.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Safe refers to being free from danger or harm.
- 2Secure refers to being protected against unauthorized access or intrusion.
- 3Certain refers to something that is known for sure and established beyond doubt.
Good things to know
- 1Safety Precautions: Use safe and secure to describe measures taken to ensure safety and security.
- 2Certainty: Use certain to express confidence in a statement or decision.
- 3Planning: Use these antonyms to describe the level of risk involved in a situation when making plans.