What is the antonym of “disagreed”?
The antonyms of disagreed are agree, concur, and harmonize. These words convey the opposite meaning of not being in agreement with someone or something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To have the same opinion or belief as someone else; to come to a mutual understanding.
After discussing the matter, they finally agreed on a solution that worked for everyone.
To express agreement or approval with someone else's opinion or action.
I concur with your assessment of the situation and think we should proceed accordingly.
To bring things into agreement or accord; to make compatible or consistent.
The team worked hard to harmonize their ideas and create a cohesive plan for the project.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Agree implies having the same opinion or belief as someone else, while concur means expressing agreement or approval with someone else's opinion or action.
- 2Harmonize is a more general term that refers to bringing things into agreement or accord, while agree and concur are more specific terms used in the context of opinions and beliefs.
Good things to know
- 1Negotiations: Use agree and concur to express agreement during negotiations.
- 2Collaboration: Use harmonize to describe the process of working together to create a cohesive plan or idea.
- 3Debates: Use disagreed and its antonyms to express different viewpoints during debates or discussions.
The antonyms of disagreed are agree, concur, and harmonize. Use agree and concur to express agreement, and harmonize to describe the process of working together to create a cohesive plan or idea. Use these words in negotiations, collaboration, and debates to effectively communicate your ideas and opinions.