What is the antonym of “discordous”?
The antonyms of discordous are harmonious, concordant, and agreeable. These words convey a sense of agreement, unity, and pleasantness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Agreeing or blending well together; exhibiting accord or congruity.
The choir's voices were so harmonious that it gave the audience goosebumps.
In agreement or harmony with something else; corresponding or consistent.
Her actions were concordant with her words, which made her trustworthy.
Pleasant or enjoyable; willing to agree or consent.
The weather was so agreeable that they decided to have a picnic in the park.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Harmonious describes things that blend well together, like music or colors.
- 2Concordant describes things that are in agreement or consistent with each other.
- 3Agreeable describes things that are pleasant or enjoyable, or people who are willing to agree or consent.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use harmonious, concordant, and agreeable to express agreement and unity effectively.
- 2Show Politeness: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate respect and consideration.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and engaging stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Harmonious conveys blending well together, concordant denotes agreement or consistency, and agreeable refers to pleasantness. Use these words to enhance communication, show politeness in conversations, and enrich writing by creating vivid descriptions and engaging stories.