What is the antonym of “discountinuous”?
The antonyms of discontinuous are continuous, unbroken, and uninterrupted. These words convey the opposite meaning of discontinuous, which means something that is not continuous or has interruptions.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Extending without interruption or break; unbroken in time or sequence.
The rain was continuous for three days, causing flooding in many areas.
Not interrupted or disturbed; continuous or unceasing.
The athlete set an unbroken record by running a marathon in under two hours.
Continuing without interruption or disturbance; not broken or stopped.
The concert was uninterrupted by technical difficulties, and the audience enjoyed every moment of it.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Continuous refers to something that is unbroken in time or sequence.
- 2Unbroken describes something that is not interrupted or disturbed.
- 3Uninterrupted means something that continues without interruption or disturbance.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe patterns, sequences, and events in academic writing.
- 2Technical Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in technical writing to describe processes and systems.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in creative writing to create vivid descriptions and build tension in narratives.