Definitions and Examples of courtesy, politeness
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Polite behavior that shows respect and consideration for others.
He showed courtesy by holding the door open for the elderly woman.
Behavior that demonstrates good manners, respect, and consideration for others.
Her politeness impressed her new colleagues at work.
Key Differences: courtesy vs politeness
- 1Courtesy emphasizes the act of being polite and respectful towards others.
- 2Politeness emphasizes the quality of being well-mannered and considerate towards others.
Effective Usage of courtesy, politeness
- 1Social Interactions: Use courtesy and politeness to show respect and consideration towards others in social interactions.
- 2Professional Settings: Incorporate these antonyms in professional settings to demonstrate professionalism and respect towards colleagues and clients.
- 3Customer Service: Use courtesy and politeness to provide excellent customer service and create a positive experience for customers.
The antonyms courtesy and politeness convey the opposite meaning of discourtesy, which is a lack of politeness or respect towards others. Use these words to show respect and consideration towards others in social interactions, professional settings, and customer service.