What is the antonym of “discriminative”?
The antonyms of discriminative are indiscriminate and undistinguishing. The antonyms indiscriminate and undistinguishing convey a lack of ability or willingness to differentiate between things or people.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Done without careful consideration or differentiation; random or haphazard.
The indiscriminate use of pesticides has led to environmental damage.
Lacking the ability or willingness to differentiate between things or people.
The undistinguishing teacher gave the same grade to all students regardless of their performance.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Indiscriminate implies a lack of care or consideration in making distinctions.
- 2Undistinguishing implies a lack of ability or willingness to differentiate between things or people.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe research methods or sampling techniques.
- 2Social Issues: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about discrimination, prejudice, and bias.
- 3Critical Thinking: Utilize these antonyms to develop analytical skills and evaluate arguments.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Indiscriminate implies a lack of care or consideration, while undistinguishing implies a lack of ability or willingness to differentiate. Use these words in academic writing, social issues discussions, and critical thinking exercises.