Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To participate or involve oneself in an activity or conversation.
He decided to engage in the discussion and share his opinion.
To fasten or join one thing to another; to connect emotionally or intellectually.
She wanted to attach herself to a cause that she believed in.
To join or link together; to establish a relationship or association.
The internet has made it easier for people to connect with each other.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Engage implies actively participating in something, while disengaging means withdrawing from it.
- 2Attach suggests a strong emotional or intellectual connection, while disengaging suggests a lack of connection.
- 3Connect implies establishing a relationship or association, while disengaging implies breaking it.
Good things to know
- 1In Social Situations: Use engage, attach, or connect to describe how you interact with others.
- 2In Business Settings: Use these antonyms to describe how employees or teams work together.
- 3In Personal Development: Use these words to describe how you form relationships and connect with others.
The antonyms of disengaging are engage, attach, and connect. These words convey the opposite meaning of disengaging, which is to connect or attach oneself to something. Use these words to describe social interactions, business settings, and personal development.