What is the antonym of “disfrequent”?
The antonyms of disfrequent are frequent, common, and regular. These words describe how often something happens or how often something is done.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Happening or occurring at short intervals; occurring often.
She is a frequent visitor to the museum, going there almost every week.
Occurring, found, or done often; prevalent.
Colds are a common illness during the winter months.
Occurring at fixed times or with a constant pattern; habitual.
He has a regular exercise routine that he follows every morning.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Frequent implies that something happens often, but it doesn't necessarily mean it happens on a regular basis.
- 2Common implies that something happens often and is widespread or prevalent.
- 3Regular implies that something happens on a consistent and predictable basis.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Describe Habits: Use frequent and regular to describe how often you do something.
- 3Discuss Trends: Use common to describe things that happen often in society or culture.
The antonyms of disfrequent describe how often something happens. Frequent means happening often, common means happening often and being widespread, and regular means happening on a consistent basis. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, describe habits, and discuss trends.