What is the antonym of “dishearten”?
The antonym of dishearten is encourage, hearten, and inspire. The antonyms encourage, hearten, and inspire convey a positive or uplifting emotional state. It implies a feeling of hope, motivation, or confidence.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To give support, confidence, or hope to someone.
His parents always encouraged him to pursue his dreams.
To make someone feel more cheerful or confident.
The good news heartened her and gave her the strength to keep going.
To fill someone with the urge or ability to do or feel something.
Her passion for music inspired him to learn how to play the guitar.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Encourage means to give support, confidence, or hope to someone.
- 2Hearten means to make someone feel more cheerful or confident.
- 3Inspire means to fill someone with the urge or ability to do or feel something.
Good things to know
- 1Motivate Others: Use encourage, hearten, and inspire to motivate and uplift others.
- 2Express Gratitude: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to express gratitude and appreciation.
- 3Boost Creativity: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create positive and uplifting stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Encourage means to give support, hearten means to make someone feel more cheerful, and inspire means to fill someone with the urge to do something. Use these words to motivate others, express gratitude, and boost creativity by creating positive and uplifting stories.