What is the antonym of “dislikeable”?
The antonyms of dislikeable are likable, appealing, and pleasant. These words describe things or people that are enjoyable, attractive, or pleasing to the senses.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having qualities that make someone or something easy to like; pleasant, friendly, or attractive.
She is a very likable person who always has a smile on her face.
Attractive or interesting; able to arouse hope, desire, or sympathy.
The idea of spending the weekend at the beach was very appealing to her.
Giving a sense of happy satisfaction or enjoyment; nice, agreeable, or enjoyable.
The weather was pleasant and sunny, perfect for a picnic in the park.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Likable refers to people or things that are easy to like due to their pleasant, friendly, or attractive qualities.
- 2Appealing describes things that are attractive or interesting and can arouse hope, desire, or sympathy.
- 3Pleasant refers to things that give a sense of happy satisfaction or enjoyment, and are nice, agreeable, or enjoyable.
Good things to know
- 1Socializing: Use these antonyms to describe people or things that you find likable, appealing, or pleasant.
- 2Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create vivid descriptions and engaging characters.
- 3Entertainment: Use these antonyms to review movies, books, or music that you find likable, appealing, or pleasant.
The antonyms of dislikeable are likable, appealing, and pleasant. Use these words to describe people or things that you find enjoyable, attractive, or pleasing to the senses. Incorporate them in socializing, writing, or entertainment to create vivid descriptions, engaging characters, and enjoyable experiences.