What is the antonym of “dispellable”?
The antonyms of dispellable are undispellable and indelible. The antonym undispellable means that something cannot be dispelled or removed, while indelible means that something cannot be erased or forgotten.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Unable to be dispelled or removed.
The rumors about her were undispellable, and she couldn't do anything to change people's minds.
Making marks that cannot be removed; unable to be forgotten or erased.
The memory of his first kiss was indelible, and he could still remember every detail years later.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Undispellable refers to something that cannot be dispelled or removed, while dispellable means that something can be dispelled or removed.
- 2Indelible refers to something that cannot be erased or forgotten, while dispellable means that something can be dispelled or removed.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use indelible to describe memories or experiences that have left a lasting impression.
- 2Science: Use undispellable to describe properties or characteristics that cannot be removed or changed.
- 3Everyday conversation: Use dispellable to describe things that can be easily removed or dispelled.