What is the antonym of “displayed”?
The antonyms of displayed are conceal, hide, and cover. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of showing or revealing something. They imply keeping something out of sight or hidden from view.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To keep something hidden or secret.
She tried to conceal her disappointment when she didn't get the job.
To put or keep something out of sight; to conceal.
He decided to hide the present in the closet so that his wife wouldn't find it.
To place something over or upon, as for protection, concealment, or warmth.
She used a blanket to cover herself and keep warm.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Conceal implies keeping something hidden or secret, often with the intention of preventing it from being discovered.
- 2Hide means to put or keep something out of sight, often to avoid detection or to protect it from harm.
- 3Cover means to place something over or upon, as for protection, concealment, or warmth.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to create vivid descriptions and add depth to characters.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in daily conversations to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in books and articles to improve your reading comprehension.
The antonyms conceal, hide, and cover convey the opposite meaning of displayed. Conceal implies keeping something hidden or secret, hide means to put or keep something out of sight, and cover means to place something over or upon. Use these antonyms to enhance writing, improve vocabulary, and enrich reading.