What is the antonym of “diversion”?
The antonyms of diversion are focus and seriousness. The antonyms focus and seriousness convey a different meaning than diversion. They imply a state of concentration, attention, and dedication.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The center of interest or activity; the point of convergence for attention or effort.
He needed to maintain his focus during the exam to answer all the questions correctly.
The quality of being important, significant, or meaningful; the absence of frivolity or lightheartedness.
The doctor's expression conveyed the seriousness of the patient's condition.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Focus implies a state of concentration and attention towards a particular task or goal.
- 2Seriousness implies a state of importance, significance, or gravity of a situation or topic.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use focus and seriousness to convey a formal tone and emphasize the importance of the topic.
- 2Professional Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in business emails, presentations, or meetings to demonstrate professionalism and dedication.
- 3Self-Improvement: Use focus to improve productivity and achieve goals. Use seriousness to evaluate the importance of tasks and prioritize them accordingly.
The antonyms of diversion are focus and seriousness. Use focus to convey a state of concentration and attention towards a particular task or goal. Use seriousness to emphasize the importance, significance, or gravity of a situation or topic. These antonyms can be used in academic writing, professional communication, and self-improvement.