What is the antonym of “divert”?
The antonyms of divert are direct, focus, and concentrate. These words convey the opposite meaning of divert, which is to shift attention or course away from something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To guide, control, or manage the course or path of something.
The teacher will direct the students' attention to the whiteboard during the lesson.
To concentrate attention or effort on a particular subject or activity.
She needs to focus on her studies if she wants to pass the exam.
To give all one's attention or effort to a particular task or activity.
He needs to concentrate harder if he wants to solve this math problem.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Direct implies guiding or controlling the course or path of something.
- 2Focus implies concentrating attention or effort on a particular subject or activity.
- 3Concentrate implies giving all one's attention or effort to a particular task or activity.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Communication: Use these antonyms to express ideas more accurately and effectively.
- 2Enhance Productivity: Incorporate these antonyms in work-related conversations to improve focus and concentration.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create more precise and descriptive sentences.