What is the antonym of “divinely”?
The antonyms of divinely are horribly, terribly, and badly. These antonyms convey a negative or unpleasant meaning. They imply that something is done in a very bad or unsatisfactory way.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a manner that causes horror, shock, or disgust.
The food was horribly cooked and tasted terrible.
In a manner that is extremely bad, unpleasant, or serious.
She felt terribly sick after eating the spoiled food.
In a manner that is not good or satisfactory.
He played badly in the game and lost.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Horribly implies causing horror, shock, or disgust.
- 2Terribly implies something is extremely bad, unpleasant, or serious.
- 3Badly implies something is not good or satisfactory.
Good things to know
- 1Express Displeasure: Use these antonyms to express dissatisfaction or disappointment.
- 2Describe Situations: Use these antonyms to describe situations that are unpleasant or unsatisfactory.
- 3Provide Feedback: Use these antonyms to provide constructive feedback on someone's performance.
The antonyms of divinely are horribly, terribly, and badly. These antonyms convey negative or unpleasant meanings. Use them to express displeasure, describe unpleasant situations, or provide feedback on someone's performance.