What is the antonym of “divisiveness”?
The antonyms of divisiveness are unity, harmony, and agreement. These words convey a sense of togetherness, cooperation, and agreement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of being united or joined as a whole.
The team's unity was evident in their coordinated efforts and mutual support.
The quality of forming a pleasing and consistent whole; agreement or concord.
The choir's harmony was impressive, with each voice blending seamlessly with the others.
A situation in which people have the same opinion or come to the same decision.
After much discussion, they finally reached an agreement on how to proceed.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unity emphasizes the idea of being joined together as a whole.
- 2Harmony emphasizes the idea of things working together in a pleasing and consistent way.
- 3Agreement emphasizes the idea of people having the same opinion or coming to the same decision.
Good things to know
- 1Discussing Politics: Use these antonyms to describe political situations and relationships between countries.
- 2Teamwork: Use these antonyms to describe the dynamics of a successful team.
- 3Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe the qualities of healthy relationships.