What is the antonym of “dogeared”?
The antonyms of dogeared are new, pristine, and immaculate. The antonyms new, pristine, and immaculate convey a sense of cleanliness, freshness, and newness. They are used to describe items that are in perfect condition without any signs of wear and tear.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Recently made or produced; not old.
She bought a new dress for the party.
In its original condition; unspoiled.
The beach was pristine with crystal clear water and white sand.
Perfectly clean, neat, and tidy.
The hotel room was immaculate with fresh linens and spotless floors.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1New refers to something that has recently been made or produced and is in perfect condition.
- 2Pristine describes something that is in its original condition and has not been spoiled or damaged.
- 3Immaculate refers to something that is perfectly clean, neat, and tidy without any blemishes or imperfections.
Good things to know
- 1Shopping: Use these antonyms when shopping for items that are in perfect condition.
- 2Describing Items: Use these antonyms to describe items that are new, unused, or in perfect condition.
- 3Compliments: Use these antonyms to compliment someone on their new or well-maintained possessions.