What is the antonym of “dole”?
The antonyms of dole are abundance, excess, and plenty. These words convey the opposite meaning of dole, which means to distribute or give out sparingly.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A very large quantity of something; more than enough.
The garden was filled with an abundance of colorful flowers.
An amount of something that is more than necessary, usual, or desirable.
He ate to excess and felt sick afterwards.
A large or sufficient amount of something.
There was plenty of food at the party.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Abundance refers to a very large quantity of something, while dole means to distribute or give out sparingly.
- 2Excess denotes an amount of something that is more than necessary, while dole implies giving out less than what is needed.
- 3Plenty describes a large or sufficient amount of something, while dole suggests giving out only a small amount.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these words in your writing to add variety and depth to your sentences.
- 3Enrich Learning: Teach these antonyms to others to help them learn new words and concepts.