What is the antonym of “dormantly”?
The antonyms of dormantly are active, awake, and operating. These antonyms convey a state of being alert, functioning, or in operation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Engaged in physical or mental activity; busy or lively.
She leads an active lifestyle, going for runs every morning and playing sports on weekends.
Not sleeping; conscious and aware of one's surroundings.
He was awake all night studying for his exam.
Functioning or working as intended.
The machine is operating smoothly after the technician fixed it.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Active describes a state of being engaged in physical or mental activity.
- 2Awake describes a state of not sleeping and being conscious and aware of one's surroundings.
- 3Operating describes a state of functioning or working as intended.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to describe a state of being alert, functioning, or in operation.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions and engaging characters.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Active conveys engagement in physical or mental activity, awake denotes a state of not sleeping and being conscious, and operating refers to a state of functioning or working as intended. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich storytelling by creating vivid descriptions and engaging characters.