What is the antonym of “doter”?
The antonyms of doter are hater and critic. The antonyms hater and critic convey a negative or disapproving attitude towards someone or something. It implies a lack of affection, admiration, or appreciation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who dislikes or has an intense aversion to someone or something.
She is a hater of spicy food and avoids it at all costs.
A person who judges the merits and faults of something, especially literary or artistic works.
The critic gave a scathing review of the new movie, calling it boring and unoriginal.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Hater is a more extreme term that describes a person who has an intense aversion or dislike towards someone or something.
- 2Critic is a more neutral term that describes a person who evaluates and judges the merits and faults of something.
Good things to know
- 1Express Dislike: Use hater to describe someone who dislikes something intensely.
- 2Evaluate Critically: Use critic to describe someone who evaluates and judges the merits and faults of something.
- 3Avoid Misunderstandings: Use these antonyms to avoid misunderstandings in conversations and clarify your attitude towards someone or something.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Hater conveys an intense dislike, while critic describes someone who evaluates and judges something. Use these words to express dislike, evaluate critically, and avoid misunderstandings in conversations.