What is the antonym of “downfall”?
The antonyms of downfall are rise, success, and triumph. The antonyms rise, success, and triumph convey a positive or victorious outcome. It implies an achievement, victory, or accomplishment.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To move upward or ascend; to increase in quantity, quality, or value.
The sun will rise in the east tomorrow morning.
The accomplishment of an aim or purpose; the attainment of fame, wealth, or social status.
His hard work and dedication led to his success as a businessman.
A great victory or achievement; a feeling of joy or satisfaction resulting from a success or victory.
The team's triumph in the championship game was celebrated with a parade.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Rise is a verb that describes an upward movement or increase in quantity, quality, or value.
- 2Success is a noun that describes the accomplishment of an aim or purpose, often resulting in fame, wealth, or social status.
- 3Triumph is a noun that describes a great victory or achievement, often accompanied by a feeling of joy or satisfaction.
Good things to know
- 1Motivational Speaking: Use rise, success, and triumph to inspire and motivate others.
- 2Business Writing: Incorporate antonyms in business writing to convey positive outcomes and achievements.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create characters who overcome obstacles and achieve success.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Rise conveys upward movement or increase, success denotes accomplishment of an aim or purpose, and triumph refers to a great victory or achievement. Use these words to inspire and motivate others, convey positive outcomes in business writing, and create compelling narratives.