What is the antonym of “dulcify”?
The antonyms of dulcify are embitter, irritate, and provoke. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of dulcify, which is to make something sweeter or more pleasant.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To cause someone to feel bitter, resentful, or angry.
His harsh words embittered her and ruined their friendship.
To annoy, provoke, or cause discomfort.
The loud music from the party next door irritated her and kept her awake all night.
To incite, stimulate, or cause a reaction.
His rude behavior provoked her into shouting at him.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Embitter implies causing bitterness, resentment, or anger.
- 2Irritate suggests annoyance, discomfort, or provocation.
- 3Provoke implies inciting or stimulating a reaction.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create contrast and add depth to your descriptions.
- 3Enrich Learning: Learn these antonyms to improve your understanding of English language and culture.
The antonyms of dulcify are embitter, irritate, and provoke. These antonyms have distinct meanings that convey the opposite of dulcify. Use them to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your learning experience.