What is the antonym of “dumpier”?
The antonyms of dumpier are slimmer, thinner, and leaner. These antonyms describe a physical state that is opposite to being overweight or bulky. They convey a sense of being fit, healthy, and in good shape.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a slender or toned physique; not overweight.
She started working out regularly and eating healthy to become slimmer and more confident.
Having a reduced body mass or weight; not heavy or bulky.
He lost a lot of weight by following a strict diet and exercise regimen and became thinner and more energetic.
Having a low body fat percentage and well-defined muscles; not flabby or soft.
He started lifting weights and doing cardio to become leaner and more athletic.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Slimmer refers to having a slender or toned physique, while thinner describes having a reduced body mass or weight.
- 2Thinner implies a reduction in body mass or weight, while leaner suggests a low body fat percentage and well-defined muscles.
- 3Leaner conveys a sense of being fit, athletic, and muscular, while slimmer and thinner focus more on body shape and weight.
Good things to know
- 1Fitness and Health: Use these antonyms to describe physical fitness and health.
- 2Fashion and Style: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about clothing and fashion to describe body types and styles.
- 3Self-Improvement: Utilize these antonyms to set fitness goals and track progress towards a healthier lifestyle.
The antonyms of dumpier describe a physical state that is opposite to being overweight or bulky. Slimmer refers to a slender or toned physique, thinner implies a reduction in body mass or weight, and leaner suggests a low body fat percentage and well-defined muscles. Use these words to describe physical fitness and health, fashion and style, and self-improvement goals.