Definitions and Examples of disappear, vanish, submerge
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Cease to be visible or present.
The magician made the rabbit disappear from the hat.
Disappear suddenly and completely.
The ghost vanished into thin air.
Cause to be underwater or beneath a surface.
The submarine can submerge up to 300 meters below sea level.
Key Differences: disappear vs vanish vs submerge
- 1Disappear implies that something was visible or present before, but now it is not.
- 2Vanish suggests that something disappeared suddenly and completely, without leaving any trace.
- 3Submerge means to put something underwater or beneath a surface.
Effective Usage of disappear, vanish, submerge
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to create vivid descriptions and contrast in writing.
- 2Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate these words in daily conversations to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Improve Comprehension: Learn these antonyms to understand the opposite meanings of emerge.
The antonyms of emerge are disappear, vanish, and submerge. These words have distinct meanings and can be used to enhance writing, enrich vocabulary, and improve comprehension.