What is the antonym of “enmeshed”?
The antonyms of enmeshed are detached, disengaged, and uninvolved. These words convey a lack of emotional or personal involvement in a situation or relationship.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not emotionally involved or connected; aloof or impartial.
She remained detached from the conflict, refusing to take sides.
Not involved or committed to a particular activity or relationship.
He felt disengaged from his job and was considering a career change.
Not taking part or having any role in a situation or relationship.
The teacher remained uninvolved in the students' dispute and let them resolve it themselves.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Detached implies a sense of aloofness or impartiality, while disengaged suggests a lack of commitment or interest.
- 2Uninvolved is a relational antonym that describes a lack of participation or role in a situation or relationship.
Good things to know
- 1Personal Boundaries: Use detached to describe a healthy emotional boundary in relationships.
- 2Professional Relationships: Use disengaged to describe a lack of commitment or interest in work-related activities.
- 3Objective Observations: Use uninvolved to describe a neutral or impartial stance in a situation.