What is the antonym of “ephemeric”?
The antonyms of ephemeric are permanent and enduring. The antonyms permanent and enduring convey a sense of lastingness or permanence. They imply that something will remain unchanged for a long time.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lasting or intended to last indefinitely without change.
The company offered him a permanent job with benefits and job security.
Continuing or long-lasting, especially through difficult circumstances.
Their enduring love for each other helped them overcome many challenges in their relationship.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Permanent implies that something will last indefinitely without change.
- 2Enduring implies that something will last for a long time, especially through difficult circumstances.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Time: Use these antonyms to describe the duration of events or objects.
- 2Describe Relationships: Use enduring to describe long-lasting relationships or friendships.
- 3Talk About Jobs: Use permanent to describe jobs that offer long-term stability and security.