What is the antonym of “equivalency”?
The antonyms of equivalency are inequality and disparity. These words describe the opposite of equivalence, which is a state of being equal or having the same value or meaning.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A lack of equality or fairness; a situation where people or things are not treated equally.
There is a growing concern about income inequality in many countries around the world.
A difference or gap between two or more things, often related to social or economic status.
There is a significant disparity in access to healthcare between urban and rural areas.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Inequality refers to a lack of equality or fairness, often related to social or economic status.
- 2Disparity refers to a difference or gap between two or more things, often related to social or economic status.
Good things to know
- 1Social Justice: Use inequality and disparity to discuss issues related to social justice and fairness.
- 2Economics: Use these antonyms to describe differences in income, wealth, or access to resources.
- 3Politics: Incorporate these words in political discussions to highlight issues related to fairness and equality.