What is the antonym of “etourderie”?
The antonyms of etourderie are attentiveness, carefulness, and thoughtfulness. The antonyms attentiveness, carefulness, and thoughtfulness convey a state of being careful, considerate, and attentive. It implies a lack of attention, care, or thoughtfulness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being alert and observant; paying close attention to details.
The teacher praised the student's attentiveness during class.
The quality of being cautious and thorough; taking care to avoid mistakes or accidents.
The surgeon's carefulness during the operation ensured the patient's safety.
The quality of being considerate and reflective; showing concern for others and their feelings.
Her thoughtfulness in remembering her friend's birthday made her feel appreciated.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Attentiveness refers to being alert and observant, while carefulness denotes being cautious and thorough.
- 2Thoughtfulness is more about being considerate and reflective, showing concern for others and their feelings.
- 3Etourderie is a French word that means absent-mindedness or forgetfulness.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Work Performance: Use attentiveness and carefulness to improve work performance by avoiding mistakes and accidents.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate thoughtfulness in conversations to demonstrate understanding and concern for others.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn new words like etourderie to expand your vocabulary and improve your language skills.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Attentiveness conveys being alert and observant, carefulness denotes being cautious and thorough, and thoughtfulness refers to showing concern for others and their feelings. Use these words to improve work performance, show empathy in conversations, and enrich vocabulary by learning new words.