What is the antonym of “excentric”?
The antonyms of excentric are conventional, normal, and ordinary. These antonyms describe things that are typical, standard, or conforming to social norms.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Following accepted customs and attitudes; not unusual or original.
She wore a conventional black dress to the wedding.
Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.
It's normal to feel nervous before a big exam.
Having no special or distinctive features; normal or usual.
He lived an ordinary life, working a 9-5 job and spending weekends with his family.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Conventional refers to something that follows accepted customs and attitudes.
- 2Normal describes something that conforms to a standard or is typical.
- 3Ordinary means something that has no special or distinctive features.
Good things to know
- 1Daily Life: Use these antonyms to describe things that are typical or conforming to social norms.
- 2Formal Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in academic writing to contrast unconventional ideas.
- 3Social Situations: Utilize these antonyms in conversations to describe people or things that are not unusual or original.
The antonyms of excentric describe things that are typical, standard, or conforming to social norms. Conventional refers to accepted customs and attitudes, normal describes something that conforms to a standard, and ordinary means something that has no special features. Use these words in daily life, formal writing, and social situations to describe people or things that are not unusual or original.