What is the antonym of “exclusionism”?
The antonym of exclusionism is inclusion, acceptance, and tolerance. These antonyms convey a positive and accepting attitude towards others, unlike exclusionism which promotes the idea of excluding or rejecting individuals or groups based on certain criteria.
See all the antonyms of “exclusionism”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of including or being included within a group or structure.
The company's policy of inclusion ensured that everyone had equal opportunities regardless of their background.
The act of accepting something or someone; the state of being accepted.
The acceptance of diversity is crucial for building a harmonious society.
The ability to accept or endure something or someone without opposition or interference.
Tolerance towards different opinions is essential for healthy debates and discussions.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Inclusion emphasizes the act of including or being included within a group or structure.
- 2Acceptance focuses on the act of accepting something or someone, regardless of differences.
- 3Tolerance highlights the ability to accept or endure something or someone without opposition or interference.
Good things to know
- 1Promote Diversity: Use inclusion, acceptance, and tolerance to promote diversity and inclusivity in different settings.
- 2Encourage Open-mindedness: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to encourage open-mindedness and respect for others.
- 3Combat Discrimination: Utilize these antonyms to combat discrimination and exclusionism in society.