What is the antonym of “exhibit”?
The antonyms of exhibit are conceal and hide. The antonyms conceal and hide convey the opposite meaning of exhibit, which is to keep something hidden or secret.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To keep something hidden or secret.
She tried to conceal her emotions, but her trembling hands gave her away.
To put or keep something out of sight; to conceal.
He decided to hide the present in the closet so that his wife wouldn't find it.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Conceal implies a deliberate act of hiding something to keep it secret or protected.
- 2Hide is a more general term that describes the act of putting something out of sight.
Good things to know
- 1Communication: Use exhibit, conceal, and hide to describe actions and intentions.
- 2Vocabulary Building: Learn and practice using antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Writing: Incorporate antonyms in your writing to add depth and variety to your language.
The antonyms of exhibit are conceal and hide. Conceal implies a deliberate act of hiding something to keep it secret or protected, while hide is a more general term. Use these words to describe actions and intentions, expand your vocabulary, and add depth and variety to your language.